Leg of Lamb
Leg of Lamb is a dish I don’t cook very often, so when I do it tends to be a special occasion. Much like Prime Rib, I like a really flavorful crust, but I don’t like to marinate the meat. I use a combination of Lemon juice, rosemary, garlic and olive oil to make a paste that becomes the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and roast a bone-in leg (6-7lbs) for about 30 minutes, then drop the temperature to 350 until the probe thermometer hits 130.
- Take the roast out of the pan and cover with foil to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Put the roasting pan on the burners and deglaze with a little white wine, scraping up all the goodies.
- Add in some fresh herbs and chopped onion, and a couple cups of chicken stock.
- Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and reduce sauce to the preferred consistency.
- Strain out the solids and finish with a few pats of butter.