Mac ‘n’ Cheese With Ham
Winter is all about comfort food, and homemade mac and cheese is one of the greats. This recipe yields a filling, satisfying meal with plenty of leftovers.
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1lb cubed ham ORDER NOW!
- 8oz pasta (elbow or rigatoni work best)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2.5 TBSP all purpose flour
- dash of paprika
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 TBSP butter (or olive oil)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and add ham. Mix well and reserve.
- Add 1/4 cup of butter and flour to medium saucepan to make a roux. Add milk slowly and stir frequently (I like to whisk it to help keep lumps at bay.) Once you have a nice sauce, add in cheese and cook until cheese is melted- you should have a good thick sauce.
- Put ham and pasta in a greased casserole dish. Pour sauce over and mix thoroughly.
- Melt butter over medium heat and add bread crumbs. Cook until crumbs are browned, then spread over the macaroni to cover. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika as desired.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Let cook for 5 minutes and serve.